Friday, November 03, 2006

Quick Polling Story

Just got a call from someone claiming to be from a company called "NCIS Research" or something very similar, about the Senate race. He told me to keep in mind that Joe Lieberman was "the only candidate to run against George Bush twice" and that he would be caucusing with the Democrats, etc. Basically, he ran through a long list of great things about Lieberman.

Then he asked whether I'd be voting for Ned Lamont or Joe Lieberman.

"Alan Schlesinger," I replied.
A beat. "I'm sorry?" the man on the other end said.
"Alan Schlesinger. The Republican candidate?"
"Oh, of course. Thank you."
Click.

Four more days.

10 comments:

bluecoat said...

NCIS Research

Figures, the NCIS is the Naval Criminal Investagtive Services. Karl Rove will go to great lengths to put Joe in office.

Anonymous said...

The polling for these instate races is making me sick. The methodolgy that is used to derive the results by the different pollsters is borderline malpractice.

Shadow said...

And here I thought it stood for National Crappy Incumbent Shield.

Anonymous said...

Whatever--Rudy Giuliani called me!!!

disgruntled_republican said...

I have gotten calls from Rudy, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Laura Bush. When I post how I am voting this afternoon perhaps they will LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!

cgg said...

That's the beauty of never answering your home phone. We might be getting ten calls a day, but I have no way of knowing.

Anonymous said...

"The polling for these instate races is making me sick. The methodolgy that is used to derive the results by the different pollsters is borderline malpractice."

Calls like this are not pollsters taking a poll. They're workers for the candidates who are trying to figure out who their supporters are so that they can call them on election day and pester them until they go out and vote.

Brassett said...

I unhooked the answering machine and life is now like a bowl of cherries.

bluecoat said...

Tim Roehmer called me today. Jack Murtha dropped a line as have a few realtives of 911 surviviors. All urged me to vote but in the background at the end I heard something about the AFL-CIO. Rudy and McCain have called me in the past but not this time around. Maybe they know that I already vote absentee in Fairfield so that I could vote in person in Bridgeport and New Haven. I try to do my part to vote early and often.

bluecoat said...

Lieberman is up by 12 and Rell up by 22 in the latest JI polls.