Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Berry concedes 8th Senate District

"We lost by less than one percent in a district where almost nobody gave us a chance. I think that speaks volumes about the volunteers. I got to meet a lot of great friends and in that regard I consider myself a winner. I don't think this is the last you'll see of me, but for now I'm gonna dust myself off and settle back for awhile."

Asked what happened that led to the questions about the final tally, Berry said "some confusion might have come from a mixup involving Chris Murphy's numbers getting written down for me, and then faxed from the Town Clerk's office to one of the papers. A lot of the blogs and other news outlets were calling this race for us, and it went back and forth for awhile.

"But based on everything we saw, it was a pretty solid count. We just wanted be sure."

A very respectable showing and a class act. We'll see him again on the hustings.

No comments: