Friday, April 14, 2006

New Team Members

I'm pleased to announce that I've selected five co-bloggers/team members for Connecticut Local Politics! It wasn't an easy decision. A lot of excellent talents emailed me--in fact, all of the emails I got were from people who would have made wonderful additions to the blog.

Unfortunately, I wanted to keep things to six people: two from the right, two from the left, and two from the middle (myself included), which left five slots to fill. I chose these five people for many, many different reasons, but the underlying factor was what I thought they could bring to the blog. I tried for a diversity of opinions, backgrounds and interests, and for geographical diversity (although I didn't quite get it).

If you emailed me but weren't chosen, don't sweat it. There will be other opportunities. Slots may open up, and I may, if the demand is there, increase to eight slots at some point in the future.

I think you'll be pleased with the team. I know I am.

In any event, here are the new additions:

Left

Gabe
CGG

Right

disgruntled_republican
Quinn

Center

turfgrrl

Each of these people should have an email invite sitting in their boxes right now. Please help me in welcoming them to the front page! I'm looking forward to seeing what they post, and to see how this site grows and changes because of their addition.

2 comments:

Paul Vance said...

Great picks!

Right Reverend Republican said...

Ahhhhhh!!!!
Bows down to the overlords. I look forward to working in an underground sugarcane tunnel. haha!

Good luck guys! I wonder if I can out-right the right wing guys...