Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Draft Blumenthal?

What's this? Found it as a referring link today.

Kind of an interesting idea. I can't see him running against Joe (or in any other race that would be even marginally competitive)... but if he did, he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

The tagline "A Real Democrat. A Real Chance" implies that this person doesn't give Lamont much of a shot to win either the primary or the general. By August, though, Lamont will have overcome his name recognition problem. He may very well have other problems, but the voters will know who he is.

Update: Never mind. Apparently this is an old site, not a new one. No bearing on Lamont at all. Sorry!

Updated Update: I was correct the first time, as demonstrated in the comments. This is a new site.

Speaking of Lamont and site stats, I'm getting a ton of hits from the Lamont "news" page. That site must be getting incredible traffic. I'm going to watch the Lamont site closely--no major campaign since Dean has been this closely tied to the web.

Since I'm having random Senate race thoughts, I heard a new Lieberman radio ad today about Lieberman helping a worker keep his job. Didn't identify the place he worked, I don't think... any info?

1 comment:

Genghis Conn said...

Ah, that makes more sense. I thought it was something new. Well, someone apparently found it and followed it here. I'll assume at this point that you'd rather he stayed out.