Saturday, May 20, 2006

Deadlock

I've been on the floor, and there seems to be very, very little movement in either direction. There are labor supporters of DeStefano demonstrating in favor of their candidate. Right now candidate whips are circulating, keeping tabs on the count.

I talked to a couple of delegates who said they'd be happy if there was a combined ticket (either Malloy/DeStefano or the other way around). Not going to happen.

The press conference announcing DeStefano's running mate is soon. I'll let you know as soon as I hear who that's going to be.

There's been some dealing going on, but very little. I'm going to head back to the floor and see if anything is changing.

1 comment:

Aldon Hynes said...

I'm here, officially as a campaign staffer, but also as a blogger. Folks organizing the convention apologized that there wasn't an official bloggers section, but they've been pretty good to the bloggers here.

I've just worked the floor a little bit, and word is that DeStefano will not be announcing his running mate until after the vote. They sound confident that they have the votes, provided there is no slippage.

Now, Susie Bysiewicz is accepting her parties endorsement. She received 1470 or the 1564 votes cast.