I posted something similar a while back, but I'm posting an expanded version now. I am asking all the moderators to enforce these rules strictly.
Rules for Comments
1. No insulting or belittling other posters.
2. Criticism of groups, parties, causes or other people is fine--insulting, belittling or otherwise maliciously maligning them is not.
3. Respect everyone's right to privacy.
4. No going around starting fights for fun (trolling).
5. No libelous statements. Public figures can be attacked and criticized--but only up to a point. No personal stuff, folks. Keep it political.
6. No racist, homophobic or sexist remarks. Obviously.
7. Please make every effort to be courteous, civil and understanding.
This applies for front-page posters as well as commenters. If you see any of this in any of our posts, let me know.
These rules are pretty straightforward, I think, and easy enough to follow.