* Reducing our nation’s dependence on foreign sources of fossil fuels, and begin by rolling back the multi-billion dollar subsidies for Big Oil.
* Improving accessibility to college by significantly cutting interest rates for student loans.
* Adopting the recommendations of the independent, bipartisan 9/11 Commission to make our nation safer.
* Fixing the Medicare prescription drug program, including negotiating lower drug prices and closing the gap in prescription drug coverage. Stem cell research will receive greater attention and support from the new Congress.
* Guaranteeing a meaningful retirement income, and blocking any attempt to privatize Social Security.
* Reforming Congress by implementing meaningful lobbying reform legislation and restoring fiscal responsibility by restoring pay-as-you-go.
* Treating the American worker with respect by refusing any new Congressional salary increase until the American public gets a minimum wage increase.
Murphy and Courtney will detail more at a press conference this afternoon.
I have to wonder why Rosa DeLauro and John Larson aren't doing similar press conferences?