Monday, January 08, 2007

New Forum At ctlocalpolitics.net

As you may or may not remember, Connecticut Local Politics is going to be moving off of Blogger's free server space (and away from Blogger's platform altogether) and onto another host. This means a few changes, such as a change in URL (our new URL is the much shorter and simpler http://www.ctlocalpolitics.net), better reliability (meaning less downtime and slowdowns), more organization and functionality for the blog itself and some new features that we hope you'll like.

The first of these new features is a bulletin board/forum, which is now located at http://forum.ctlocalpolitics.net. Think of it as a perpetual open forum, where members of this community can talk to one another about all kinds of issues. One area is for comments about what sorts of things you'd like to see out of this site in the future--and I hope you'll put your two cents in!

You can also check out the blog site, but there's very little there right now. I'll be importing files to the new site over the next few weeks.

FYI - You will need to register to post on both the blog site AND the forum. Sorry about that--I'm working on creating a single login for both, but haven't yet figured it out.

3 comments:

ctblogger said...

I'm really thinking about making the move also. I'm going through re-publishing hell right now on my local site because I'm tweaking the code which requires to republish the entire site. As you know, when you republish, error are bound to happen which is where I'm at right now.

I'm looking for a Blogger/WordPress CSS converter. I like the look of my site and I don't want to start all over with designing a site from scratch. I'd just like to convert the CSS code from Blogger to WordPress language and tweak it a bit.

Genghis Conn said...

If you find one, let me know. WordPress is what we'll be using from now on.

Anonymous said...

will we still be able to post anonymously?