Tuesday, September 06, 2005

CLP Store?

I'm sure that some of you will think I've gone over the edge, but today I had the idea of setting up a cheap-o CafePress store for blog-related swag. This may be a terrible idea, I don't know. However, I'm not trying to make any money from it: any and all commissions from the store will be donated to a Hurricane Katrina relief/rebuilding effort of our choice.

Here's the link:
http://www.cafepress.com/ctlocalpolitics

I have created mugs and t-shirts, for those so inclined. What do you think? Should I forget it? Or is this not such a terrible idea after all?

5 comments:

DeanFan84 said...

CafePress sucks.

I ordered a couple of their t-shirts. They weren't screen-printed, but iron on decals.

The decals didn't last beyond the first wash.

fwiw.

Genghis Conn said...

Yeah? That's too bad... I wonder if there's any better places out there that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Roly said...

I think it's a great idea.

And contrary to deanfan84's experience, I have a few CafePress shirts from like 4 years ago that are still holding up - one is slightly faded, but still completely legible, and the other two are almost as bright as when I got them.

nedweenie said...

I would appreciate a car magnet that resembled either of the mugs. (Or just the map logo and the web address.)

Genghis Conn said...

Nedweenie,

Easily done. I'll make some cheap stickers and buttons, too.