Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Open Forum

Alan Schlesinger says he wants to pull half of the troops out of Iraq by the end of the year. Maybe that's just what he actually, honestly wants to see happen, but I don't think it'll help him politically.

Dan Malloy points to manufacturing job losses in Enfield and Groton as a sign of Gov. Rell's weakness on jobs. I don't think we at the state level can do anything about jobs going to Mexico... and at least more R&D is coming to Groton.

Lewis the Cat is spared, striking fear into the hearts of Avon ladies everywhere.

What else is happening?

3 comments:

Authentic Connecticut Republican said...

I believe Lewis is allowed to leave the house only in this approved cat carrier

Aldon Hynes said...

Thanks for the Hat Tip, MikeCT.

I've also put up a video of Ed Krumeich on YouTube.

It would be great to see more videos of local candidates online. If any candidates are speaking, preferably in the Fairfield County area, let me know, and I'll put videos online.

Also, for those interested in expanding the use of citizen videos, please check out the Media Giraffe Project Summit. If you're interested in finding out more, please contact me.

GMR said...

I don't know what kind of strategy this is, but is it based on any military assessment? Why half? Why not a quarter or three quarters? Was half just pulled out of the air, or is it based on some sort of military planning?

If you're for this war, then you either need to commit to letting someone who is military-qualified to figure out what type of troops we need, how they should be armed and armoured, and so on, or you need to have a sufficient background to figure this out yourself.

What's the right amount of troops there? I have no idea, it could be half of what we have or double the number we have. But I doubt that the mayor of Derby, Connecticut has any idea either.

What was the basis of this comment that Schlesinger made? Why did he think it would help?