Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Fabrizi Admits Cocaine Use

Oh, dear.
Bridgeport Mayor John M. Fabrizi has admitted he has used cocaine since taking office, but told the Connecticut Post he is both ashamed and humiliated.
...
The mayor said he quit using the illegal drug well over a year ago.

"I'm ashamed. I'm humiliated for myself. I never meant to let the world know. I didn't want my family to know," Fabrizi told the newspaper. (AP)


So far, there's no word of Fabrizi resigning.

Source

"Bridgeport Mayor Address Drug Allegations." Associated Press 20 June, 2006.

7 comments:

Aldon Hynes said...

Who does he think he is, anyway? Marion Barry?

ctkeith said...

Another big feather in the LIEBERMAN/MALLOY Hat turns out to be a crook, a gangster and an idiot.

Is anyone surprised?

Isn't the next step in this groundhog adventure for Jarjura to be indicted?

Paul Vance said...

Now Keith, that wasn't very nice! Why pick on Jarjura?

ctkeith said...

Paul,

Maybe it's the freinds he keeps.

Go check his filings and come back and tell me the name of the smell you find.

GMR said...

Anyone think Leno or Letterman is going to joke about this guy?

Paul Vance said...

Bruce--

I was trying to point out that saying someone will be indicted because you don't like their politics is a little bit irresponsible.

As for Jarjura's politics, some like his brand of politics and some don't. He wins elections in Waterbury. If he is too conservative for you or 'most' in the party, then don't vote for him or support him.

Keith--

I could not pull up his finance reports to see who you were talking about. Sometimes getting information from our State websites (The Secretary of State Campaign Finance section) is like trying to solve the DaVinci Code. Still not fair to say that political donations mean an indictment is coming.

Paul Vance said...

Also Bruce,

Murphy is running a very good campaign, is that the lesson I am to learn?