Thursday, April 20, 2006

Introduction: disgruntled_republican

I will be putting up my first post later today but wanted to get the introduction out of the way first. I am a lifelong resident of Enfield. I have had a fascination with politics as far back as I can remember. Actually thinking about it, the only thing I can remember further back is playing with my toys. It is that fascination that has allowed me to have been a Town Councilman in Enfield (although I haven't been since 2003); allowed me to serve as Campaign Manager for a successful State Senate campaign; allowed me to serve as the regional campaign coordinator for a successful Congressional Campaign and ultimately, be invited to be a contributor here. As a Republican, I will be reporting and offering my views from the "right" here on Connecticut Local Politics. Although I would call myself more of a moderate socially, I am very conservative fiscally. Aside from politics I am very active in my community. I serve on the Board of Directors to 2 non-profit organizations and volunteer my time as a Planning and Zoning Commissioner.

Anyway, enough about me. I look forward to offering up some thought provoking topics and having open debate with you all.

15 comments:

nedweenie said...

Best of luck in your new position, disgruntled. And we look forward to those topics and debates!

BRubenstein said...

great post Disgruntled, this committed leftist welcomes you aboard.

cgg said...

Welcome. Based on what I've seen in the comments section I'm really excited to read your posts.

Paul Vance said...

You don't seem that disgruntled to me.

goodbye said...

Looks to me like just a bunch of insincere lefties trying to court your vote because you are disgruntled. You can't trust Democrats or liberals of any stripe.

TrueBlueCT said...

Hey Disgruntled--

I hope you will diary about what you has you most Disgruntled.

IfThere'sGrassOnTheField... said...

I really hope that your successful state senate campaign wasn't Kissel's (though I imagine it was)-- because, as a Republican, he makes me disgruntled too.

BRubenstein said...

Red October...i was sincere in my welcoming disgruntled,even though we have different politics.

Take your comment about " insincere lefties" and put it where the sun doesn't shine...it was uncalled for and mean..

disgruntled_republican said...

TrueblueCT -

That just might make for a good post one day...

Brass Tacks said...

Can't say I've ever met a "gruntled" Republican before, but looking forward to finding out of anyone pried the W off your keyboard! Godspeed!

stomv said...

Boooo!

You're a bum!


(relax guys, I'm just kidding)

Bergs said...

sounds like Red October is disgruntled because you dare to be disgruntled! (obviously he is One of those last 33% still clinging to the belief that Bush is going to turn around and do something good for our country!)

Welcome aboard and thank you for your open mind! Looking forward to your posts. How bout that deficit! Yikes !

goodbye said...

BDR: lighten up, it was a joke but I don't know how to put a happy face on the blog or even accomplish what you suggest.

goodbye said...

And Bergs, I voted for John Kerry and I would do it again; he'd make an excellent Commander-in-Chief.

Bergs said...

red oct,

unfortunetly at this stage, WHO wouldn't be a better commander in chief than what we got stuck with?

smiley face= :))

regards, bergs